Some schools are able to budget for staff to attend the annual UMAP Conference, but are more financially limited. Here are a few ideas to help:
- Ask an adult Sunday School class, UMM, or UMW, to sponsor a staff member. If each member of the class contributes $5.00 or $10.00, this can go a long way towards covering the cost.
- Classroom "Send a Teacher to UMAP" jars. Parents want their teachers to have continuing training. Give them the opportunity to contribute during the year.
- Coffee for UMAP. Have staff members make coffee one morning a week and perhaps bring in some baked goods for parents at drop off. A set price or donations can towards staff attending.
- Next year, put an amount in the school's budget for the conference. Each year, increase it by the cost of one more registration.
- First time attendees: We have a deal for you! Send your director and a staff member goes for FREE! You will see the "Coupon" on the upcoming registration form