Miami Lakes United Methodist Preschool
Job Description – Early Childhood Education Preschool Teacher
1. A commitment to and love for Jesus Christ
2. A love for children
3. The ability to work in a shared environment with other staff and Director
1. Education - College degree is preferred, but not mandatory.
2. Florida Childcare Staff Credential – Must meet one of the following qualification requirements:
- National Early Childhood Credential
- Formal Education Qualifications
- Active Birth through Five Child Care Credentials, i.e. FCCPC, CCAC, ECPC
3. Current Certification in Community First Aid and Safety and CPR.
4. 45 Hour Child Care Training Course required by Florida Dept. Of Children and Families
1. Plan and implement daily lessons for your class using our school curriculum.
2. Maintain a developmentally appropriate classroom.
3. Use appropriate and positive discipline which is consistent and in accordance with our discipline guidelines.
4. Observe, record, and report significant behavior to Director.
5. Establish good communication with parents through verbal contacts, written notes, & planned conferences.
6. Display children’s work, pictures, etc.
7. Arrive on time.
1. Plan & share lessons with team members and other teachers throughout the school year.
2. Attend Staff Meetings
3. Attend programs, i.e. Christmas program, Celebration Sunday Services, Spring Fling, etc.
4. Attend planning sessions.
5. Supervise children in all settings throughout the day.
6. Keep the Director informed of equipment that needs to be replaced or repaired and of needed supplies.
7. Abide by Code of Conduct established by the Miami Lakes United Methodist Church and Fl. Conference
Attend a minimum of 10 hours of in-service workshops, instructor-led or on-line training, in addition to keeping current with First Aid and CPR as required by DCF each school year.
Interested applicants can contact Ms. Sandi Pickard ~ Preschool Director via the information below.
14800 NW 67 Avenue ~ Miami Lakes, FL 33014