Cornerstone Church is seeking a director for our preschool (Cornerstone Kids Preschool) who is an experienced professional, servant, and solution-oriented leader with excellent organizational and communication skills and a proven record of maintaining effective relationships with staff, parents, and children within a Christian church environment. The ideal candidate will have strong skills in management and leadership as well as in mentoring a team of over 15 people. We would also expect that our director would be a person with a “roll up your sleeves spirit.” Responsibilities include oversight of the day-to-day operations, providing quality child-centered educational programs for 70+ children ages 2 years through 5 years, including PreK and VPK, and supporting the Christian education of the preschool by supporting a bridge within the church and preschool environment.
Position Status: Full Time
- State of Florida Director’s Credential with VPK endorsement, minimum.
- FCCPC – Florida Child Care Professional Certification (formerly known as CDAE), minimum.
- AA/AS or above plus two years experience, or a minimum of five years experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree/Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field preferred, or Current Florida Teaching Certificate with DCF coursework.
- Director’s Advanced Credential, preferred.
- 2-3 years Director’s experience in a faith-based center preferred.
- Professionalism, management, communication, leadership, and computer skills.
- Social media understanding and marketing creativity.
- Maintain all licensing requirements according to FL DCF, VPK, and UMAP standards.
- Uphold all United Methodist Church guided practices.
- Ensure a safe, educational, and caring environment for children and parents.
- Promote and maintain a positive image within the community.
- Promote and maintain quality of early childhood program and Christian education.
- Handle and supervise all year-round administrative functions of the preschool.
- Maintain systems that ensure self-sustainability of the preschool.
- Mentor, lead, and guide an experienced preschool staff.
The Preschool Director is responsible to the Preschool Board.
Interested persons should contact:
20740 Old Cutler Road
Cutler Bay, FL 33189
Paul M. Cook, Pastor